Lyon is among the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its structures and galleries have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been closed for hopes and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theater in France and it was started in 11th century AD. There's a great regard and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that is made in the English type of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and most beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a good way for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a large greenhouse, organic garden and a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fish and other marine life varieties have been kept here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dance where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and discover bons plans restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the 3rd largest town and second largest metropolitan region in France. This city is famous for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city because recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km away. It is located in East of France between 2 rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to go to in the month of September and October.